Are you late on student loan payments?
Did you know you have options to lower your payment, get rid of bad payment history on your credit report, and maybe even get rid of the student loans altogether? Your options depend on the following:
- Are you late on payments? If so, how late? Like one month, 5 years, or somewhere in between.
- Where did you go to school? Did you graduate? Is the school one of those for profit colleges that is now closed?
- What kind of loan do you have? Is it a federal loan? Who is your servicer? Or is it a private loan?
- Are your wages being garnished or your tax refunds?
- And so many other questions!!!
Don’t know the answers? It’s okay, most people don’t and it’s not easy to figure out. The good news is, you shouldn’t panic. You can always call the US Department of Education and find out what your options are, or you can visit them online HERE! Or you can book a consultation with us and we will figure out your options, create a plan for getting you back on track, and talk about all your other debt and credit questions. It’s only $25.
Or you can wait til next year and go to one of our free “Happy Learning! Student Loans” classes and learn all about them. Our class schedule is HERE!
Student Loans are complicated, and without knowing everything about your unique situation it’s really hard to give advice over the internet! But, in a nutshell- you may be able to settle your loans, consolidate, rehabilitate, or negotiate a longer payment plan with a lower interest rate. In some cases, you may even be able to discharge them altogether, or you may no longer owe them if they are private loans. These are the top 7 things we help people with regarding student loans. Hope this helps!